March 3, 2011

I’m back! Now what do I write about…

I’m so sorry I haven’t been keeping my blog updated. Honestly, I don’t even know where to start! SO MUCH has happened since my last blog post, that I’m not sure to keep it current, or to bring back something from the past and then work with that???

Whatever, it doesn’t matter, right? Well it does, and it doesn’t.

As a blogger you’d like to keep in consistent. It’s like an update of my life as well as an update of the latest thing I tried making. Pass or fail, it’s generally a good learning experience, and I’ve been documenting my cooking experiences and experiments very well! In fact, I have hundreds of GB of memory that I’ve had to purchase a new TB external hard drive for, JUST to store all my pictures….but I haven’t had the time to sit down and write!

Well. I’ll pick on one particular day that I felt was a great day of cooking as of late… and I’ll go from there.

Quick recap:

  • So y’all should know that I moved back to Toronto from Vancouver, right? Good.
  • While I’ve been here I’ve met with a ton of people which so many amazing qualities and I’ve learned to get to know them each through either cooking for them, or having a meal together. I’ve documented it, but I’ll write about it in due time. Perhaps you’ll have to wait or my cookbook, or autobiography, documentary, and/or featured full length film with Angelina Jolie playing me! (ooOooo wouldn’t that be sexy?)
  • I’ve since “couch surfed” or “bed surfed” which ever you’d like to call it, and I’ve been in Cabbagetown and then up at Finch. (which really isn’t doing it justice for couch surfing, because that’s not very many waves!) I would not have made it thus far without the generous hospitality of my friends here in Toronto. Thank you SO MUCH for letting me stay with you while my f’ed up life got back in order! (It still hasn’t but it’s getting there)
  • I’ve been to another conference called CUQSC (Canadian University Queer Services Conference) since then.. met SO MANY people in the LGBTQ+ community and I was exposed to so many different paradigms of thought, that… I don’t know where to begin!
  • I went to Ottawa for the Governor General’s Medals of Architecture Award Ceremony and got wined and dined and met the honourable David Johnston along with SO MANY architects I would kill to work for! (figuratively speaking)
  • I went to NYC and stayed at my friend’s place on the upper east side at 86th and enjoyed walking to the MET and eating the best jalapeno pretzel ever!
  • While in NYC I met with a very influential person, the godfather of Vertical Farming, Dr. Dickson Despommier and had a great Cpt. Jack burger at Coogan’s with him! What a guy… he ended up giving contacts in Boston, Vancouver, Chicago, NYC… I could literally go anywhere with this!
  • What else… Oh I’ve now moved into my “permanent address” here in Toronto at St. Claire and Yonge and I’m LOVING IT! My room mates are awesome, understanding, hip and happening people, the kitchen has ample counter space, the windows face onto the tree lined streets of this affluent neighbourhood… the living room is gigantic… I’m in heaven!

SO MUCH MORE but we’ll get to that later…

Now you’ve been caught up in the shortest, sweetest way possible.

Now to the nitty gritty: what to write….

Okay you know what?? I don’t really have a lot of time this morning, so I’ll give you a list of blog posts that I will do in the near future. And what YOU can do is hold your breath and hope that I get around to doing them. yay!

1. Bok Choy Stir-fry and Thai Inspired Curry

IMG_2056

2. The most MASSIVE Burger I’ve EVER HAD!

IMG_2154 

3. Jewish buffet at Free Times. OMG LATKES!!!

IMG_3029 IMG_3023

4. Arugula Salad with Pear and Goat’s Cheese! Baked Brie with Maple, Pear and Pecans w/ Raincoast Crisps! and… AND… BACON WRAPPED GROUSE!

IMG_3210 IMG_3291 IMG_3508

5. The BEST Cafe in town: The Green Grind

IMG_3787IMG_3793 IMG_3807

6. Breakfast Omelette, Bacon and Bagels anyone???

IMG_3975

7. Kamut Savoury Pancakes!

IMG_0186

8. Vegan Pumpkin Scones and Thai Coconut Curry Soup (My Day at Kasian)

IMG_0288

9. Veggie Burger and Poutine!

IMG_0586 IMG_0591

10. Duck Tongues, Peanut Noodle Soup and Sour Plum drinks

IMG_0086 IMG_0087 IMG_0092 IMG_0081

 

Oh no… this list is getting too long…

I’ll start with this and carry on. Thanks for bearing with me!

<3! K

No comments:

Post a Comment