September 10, 2010

kayeon eats has officially been launched!!


I have always wanted to share my love of food, and although I've been trained in architecture... I feel as if I have a stronger affinity to food. We taste, experience, smell, devour food all the time, so I figure that's part of why I love it so much. Also, my upbringing has also influenced me in that my mother has always been innovating new ways to make things, but also preserves the tradition in cuisine as well. She makes soy sauce from scratch, of which she has a 100 year old variety (passed down through generations), she makes soy bean paste, spicy korean chili paste, black garlic and so much more! After being exposed to this insanity (no one makes soy sauce from scratch anymore!) for a couple decades, I figure it's rubbed off a little bit.

She swears by eating kimchi during every meal and insists on eating salad with chopsticks, but I have been assimilated into western culture as I've lived in Canada for most of my life. As a true Canadian, I experiment with food from all the cultures represented in our multicultural mixing pot and not only do I love to eat it, I try to master the true flavour of it also. I am still learning to make the perfect blend of spices for garam masala, and also learning to ferment rye for classic german bread. No matter what it is, I'll want to try it and recreate it. Please visit often to see what my new culinary adventure is, and please feel free to comment to let me know you're reading. Thanks! Happy reading.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good hun! Can't wait to see all your recipes and finds... Congrats and excellent luck!!!

    ReplyDelete