October 1, 2010

Whole Wheat Parathas

So I’m feeling uuber lazy today and I didn’t feel like making anything new. So, I decided to make falafel out of a package and some whole wheat parathas to go with it. The recipe for the parathas is exactly the same as the Spelt Parathas but I just thought I would make an update of how it was making it out of whole wheat

It was so much better whole wheat than spelt but that’s probably because it has more wheat gluten in it than spelt does. It added a spongy texture to the bread rather than a tougher consistency with the spelt ones. I’m technically not allowed to be eating even whole wheat with this detox thing… but… i decided to allow it today. (meaning: no spelt flour at home)

I actually didn’t even roll them up into little balls, nor did I wait for 30 minutes. I just mixed it all up, cut off little amounts from a mound of dough as I went and pan fried them up as I had them rolled out. This time, I used butter instead of vegetable oil and actually didn’t even roll it as thin or folded it that many times. I guess I was going a little overboard with the initial recipe. Anyway. Follow the same steps as I said before, but replace the spelt and chickpea flour with whole wheat, don’t even bother to wait and have a lazy day like me!
 IMG_4433
IMG_4434
IMG_4440
I had my meal with some Raita which was awesome when you dip the bread into it.
IMG_4441
Look how flaky that is!

1 comment: